Last time you heard from me, I was ‘Chickagoan’ — my first little business where I helped chicks in Chicago (get it?…”Chick” ah-go-an) create vibrant, healthy and pretty fricken’ lives.
And that little healthy experiment turned biz became more than I planned for — and frankly, I had no plan. I wrote about creating optimal health, living your best damn life and held health-inspired events around the city because that’s what I liked to do.
And hundreds of you joined my newsletter, attended my events, and thousands of you followed me on social media, because you liked what I had to say, which blew my mind and rocked my socks.
But still…I had no f-ing clue what to do with all of your support, lovin’ or what to do next. You see, I came from the wonderful world of consulting, and while corporate taught me how to think and execute, it sure didn’t allow me to be the green juice guzzling, free-spirited healer I craved.
So in 2010, I started writing about all the things I loved and believed in, went to school to become health and life coach-certified and little fireworks went off inside me when I finally realized, “Holy shit — THIS is what I’m supposed to do”. And, damn, it felt good to be a gangsta.
So where have I been the last year? Everywhere.
As I stepped into my authenticity, the universe unfolded and so did the opps. I trained with rockstar mentors and coaches, had wild healing experiences and began frequently contributing to media outlets like ABC, NBC and CBS.
Once I got a taste of the real me, I wanted more of that.
I traveled. To Europe, Asia (and as you read this email, I’m in India working at an orphanage for a couple of weeks).
I rebranded. Chickagoan got the boot and I stepped forward. I was tired of hiding behind a ‘thing’. I wanted you to know ME, my imperfections, quirks, sarcasm, wisdom and love of s-bombs, so allielefevere.com was born and she came dancin’ on the way out.
I kissed corporate goodbye in July. It was scary as shit, but I’m not one to do something because it’s easy. I’m willing to risk it all to live my passion…and I expect the same for you.
So THANK YOU for staying with me on my journey.
I’ve got tons of great stuff coming you way and cannot WAIT to get to know each other all over again.
And now the question of the hour: how do you live authentically?
I’ve got 10 Tips (I swear by) to help you live passion-powered and have one hell of a good time doing it. Because life’s a party. Dance your little ass off, darling.
1. Know your purpose. Get out your compass and find true north. Your North Star is the direction where you’ll find health, happiness and peace. So write down your mission statement: who you want to be in the world? Now head in that direction.
2. Meet your needs. Take care of YOU, first. You can’t take care of anyone or anything until your needs are met. Do you want to feel loved? heard? respected? Then make sure you’ve got the right people and practices in your life to ensure your needs are met…or better yet, exceeded.
3. Align with your values. Do your goals align with your values? Well, let’s check! Write down what you value most — the list could be short (freedom, charity, friends) or more extensive. Either way, max out at 10, so you can narrow your focus. If your goals, actions and values aren’t in sync, then you need to reflect and revise until they’re ridin’ the same wavelength.
4. Understand your passions. What makes you come alive and your heart swell? Honor yourself by doing more of that stuff!
5. Honor your strengths. What are you good at? Try thinking of 5. Are you creative, funny, intuitive when it comes to animals? Not sure? Then ask a friend. I did. I sent out an anonymous Google survey asking my family and closest friends what they thought my strengths were and I saw a common theme.
Once you know your strengths, find ways to express them. And remember, you don’t have to be good at everything. This is about honoring your natural talents.
6. Reflect. Be still to create inner awareness. Try meditating 10 minutes a day or spending time in nature. You’ll be amazed at the wisdom a distraction-free mind holds.
7. Give. When you begin to live authentically, you start to feel a strong connection to the world around you. And there’s no better way to reconnect than share your talents with those who need them .
Are you super organized? Help someone clean up their chaos. Are you a creative prodigy? Arts and crafts with kids sounds like the perfect way to unleash your spirit. Remember to use those beautiful gifts you’re given.
8. Play like you mean it. Dance, draw, sing to Britney Spears at the top of your lungs or get lost in a good book. Take time to recharge your pretty little self by doing something you absolutely love. I won’t judge.
9. Inspire yourself. Surround yourself with things and people you love, awards you’ve received, tasks you’ve accomplished. Or try success journaling. Pick a day (how about Sunday night?) to write down all your wins from the previous week. You’ll start Monday off feeling ooooooh, so good!
10. Talk nicely. TO YOURSELF. Check out the article I wrote on positive self-talk. And opt for positive affirmations instead of a verbal beat down. Your negative self-vibes could be blocking your potential.
Are you living authentically? If so, how did you find your life’s passion? What steps have you taken to live on purpose?