As with every summer since infancy, the sizzling sun has left my skin at a level of dry comparable only to the Sahara desert. In need of some serious TLC (and a quick fix), I knew a body scrub was in order.
A great scrub cleans and exfoliates the skin, improves blood circulation and helps remove toxins you inherited from too many summer margaritas.
And why overpay for a fancy French scrub, when Mama Nature gave me all the ingredients I was looking for?
- 1/4 cup coarse brown sugar (to gently exfoliate without drying)
- 1 cup grape seed oil (to moisturize)
- 1/4 cup grated lemon peel (to invigorate your senses)
- Mix together all ingredients (preferably in a cute mason jar).
- Gently rub on your body in a circular motion. Concentrate on rough areas like elbows, knees and heels.
- Rinse with water.